Turnip Greens - 1 bunch(washed cleanly and finely chopped)
Toor dal/kandi pappu - 1/2 cup
Grind to Powder:
Roasted Chana Dal/putnala pappu - 1/4 cup
Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
For the Tempering:
Oil - 2tbsp
Onion - 1 medium, roughly chopped
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 4-5
Method of Preparation:
1. Pressure cook the washed dal and chopped greens with 3 glasses of water.
2. Heat oil in a vessel and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Once the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped onions and fry till they turn translucent.
3. Add the pressure cooked dal and greens along with the water, if any, remains in the cooker.
4. If not much water is left in the cooker, add a cup of water to the vessel.
5. Add the ground powder and adjust the salt.
6. Cook covered for 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve the turnip greens dal warm, with rice or rotis.