Fruit custard is probably one thing which everyone has enjoyed at home. Usually branded custard powders are used, however custard can be made at home without the store bought custard powder. Here is a simple recipe for home made vanilla fruit custard.
Milk - 4 cups(approximately 1 liter)
Corn Flour - 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - few drops
Turmeric powder/Food Color - a pinch
Sugar - 5 tbsp(adjust according to taste)
Fruits - Any available fruits, diced into bite size pieces
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed vessel till it starts boiling.
2. Mix the cornflour with 1/4 cup milk and add a pinch of turmeric powder/food color to it.
3. Add sugar and vanilla essence to the milk and mix.
4. Now add the cornflour mixture and mix well, keep stirring while you add the cornflour mixture. Boil for 5 minutes and turn off the heat when milk starts thickening.
5. Let the mixture cool down and reach room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator.
6. Let it chill for few hours and add fruits of your choice, mix well and enjoy.
This is my entry to the event 'Cold Desserts'