Tuna Steaks - 2, 4 oz portions
Garlic - 1 large clove, crushed
Lime juice - 1/2 tsp
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
For the Spice Rub:
Oregano - 3/4 tsp
Marjoram - 3/4 tsp
Paprika/Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Peppercorns - 10
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and grease it lightly.
2. Add the ingredients for the spice rub to a mortar and grind them all using a pestle to a fine powder.(If you like eating spicy, then add whole arbor chillies and grind them, as I did :))
3. Place the tuna steaks in a glass or non reactive bowl. Add the spice mix, olive oil, crushed garlic, lime juice and mix well using your hands or alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a ziploc bag and mix well.
4. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and marinate the fish for 2 hours.
5. Place the marinated fish on the baking tray, and bake for 14-15 minutes or until you can easily flake the fish using a fork.
6. Enjoy the baked tuna steaks with spice rub while it is warm.