Tindora/Dondakaya - 2 cups, sliced length wise
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add mustard seeds, after they splutter add cumin seeds. Then add the chopped tindora/dondakaya, tuermeric powder and mix well.
2. Cook covered on medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Stir in between.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and salt, mix well, sprinkle a little water, if required. Cook covered for another 8-10 minutes, stirring in between.
4. After the tindora is cooked through, cook uncovered for 5-8 minutes. Take off heat.
5. Serve the tasty simple tindora fry with hot steamed rice.