Sliced Pineapples - 2
Brown Sugar - 2 tsp
Salt - a pinch (optional)
Chilli Powder - a pinch (optional)
Method of Preparation:
1. Line a broiler safe baking tray with aluminium foil and put the oven in broil mode.
2. Place the pineapple slices on the baking sheet, sprinkle a teaspoon of brown sugar on each slice.
3. If using salt and chilli powder, sprinkle very little on each slice.
4. Put the baking tray under the broiler and broil the pineapple slices for 8-10 minutes or just until the sugar starts caramelizing and turns bubbly.
5. If you prefer a little more broiled pineapple, you can first broil the pineapple on either sides for 7-8 minutes, then sprinkle with sugar and broil for 2-3 minutes.
6. Enjoy the warm, succulent broiled pineapple, just like that or topped with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.