Pala kova is a sweet found in most of the sweet stalls in Andhra Pradesh. It is very easy to make and I followed the traditional way of reducing whole milk.
Full fat milk - 4 cups
Sugar - 1 tsp
Almonds - 2, finely sliced
Ghee/Butter - to grease a plate
Method of Preparation:
1. Add milk to a heavy bottomed, non stick pan and wait till it starts boiling on medium heat.
2. Once it starts boiling, keep stirring, so that the milk does not burn at the bottom of the pan.
3. It will take around 20 to 25 minutes for the milk to reduce.
4. Once the reduced milk starts leaving the sides of the pan, add the sugar, stir for couple of minutes and turn off the heat and pour it on the greased plate.
5. Add the sliced almonds on top of the pala kova.
6. Enjoy the pala kova with friends and family.