Make a Pouch of the Foil:
1. Fold the foil into half.
2. Seal the bottom edge by folding a 1/4 inch of the foil, fold it once again.
3. Seal the edges on the side by folding a 1/4 inch, fold it one again
The resultant pouch should look something like this.
Once your pouch is ready, the rest of the steps are pretty simple.
Cauliflower Florets - 11/2 cup
Potato - 1 medium sized, peeled and diced into cubes
Oil - 11/2 tbsp
Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt - According to Taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Mix all the dry masala ingredients together.
2. Take the cauliflower florets and potato cubes in a bowl, add 1/2 tbsp of oil and mix them well.
3. Sprinkle the dry masala mix on the cauliflower and potatoes. Mix them well either using hand/spoon or by tossing them.
4. Pour the remaining 1 tbsp oil on the mixture and mix well.
5. Transfer the contents from the bowl to the pouch using a spoon or hand.
6. Seal the open edge in such a way that no steam escapes, when cooking.
Method of Cooking
1. You can either use a oven or a tava or any pan to cook.
2. If using a tava or any pan, place the sealed pouch on the tava and place it on a slightly higher than medium flame. After 8 to 10 minutes flip the pouch onto the other side and leave it for another 5 to 7 minutes. Switch of the heat and let the pouch stay on the hot tava for a couple of minutes.
3. If using oven, pop the pouch into a preheated oven at 400F for 15-20 minutes and let it rest for a couple of minutes before removing from the oven.
4. Be cautious while opening the pouch, the hot steam might burn your fingers.
|Jeer Aloo Gobi, cooked on tava|
Note: You can make the pouches ahead for different curries and freeze them, so that you can heat them when needed, for a piping hot home made meal.