Cauliflower florets - 1 big cup (approximately one third of a whole cauliflower)
Skewers - 2-3 (soak them in water for 15 minutes, else they might get burned)
For the Marinade:
Thick Curd - 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Powder - 1/4 tsp (can also use freshly grated ginger instead of powder)
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
Mint Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash the cauliflower florets and pat dry them.
2. In a bowl mix all ingredients for the marinade.
3. Coat each floret with the marinade and press it against the skewer.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
5. Line a baking sheet or tray with aluminium foil and spray a little cooking spray on the foil or apply oil directly on the foil.
6. Place the skewers with the cauliflower florets on the foil and bake them for 20 minutes
7. Remove the baking try from the oven and place the tray under the broiler for 5 minutes.
8. Take the baking tray out, turn the skewers around and broil for another 5 minutes or until the cauliflower florets get enough charred.
9. Serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.
This is my entry to the event 'Side dishes From India(Other than Dals/Subzis)', being hosted by Suma.
Also sending it to 'Two For Tuesdays'