Happy Vinayaka Chavithi to all !!!!
Today we wanted to make something different for dinner... and ended up making aloo tikki chat. Aloo tikki is my all time favorite. Instead of posting all the different components of the aloo tikki chat, I am posting them as individual posts. Here is the recipe for the sweet, tangy and spicy tamarind date chutney, which can be also used for bhel puri or any other chat.
Dates - 6(deseeded)
Tamarind - small lemon sized ball
Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/8 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1/8 tsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Boil half cup of water and add the dates and tamarind to it. Remove from heat and keep aside.
2. Once the tamarind and dates become soft, add them along with the water used for soaking to a blender.
3. Add the chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt.
4. Grind to a smooth paste.
5. Adjust the consistency of the chutney by adding water if needed.
6. Enjoy the sweet spicy tangy tamarind date chutney with any kind of chat.