This weekend we got home two 4 oz fresh tuna steaks. Tuna contains omega-3 fatty acids, which is a bit of protection for the heart. This is the first time I have worked with tuna and the dish was well appreciated by my better half. The recipe is very simple with very few ingredients. We were in a hurry to go out today, hence could not a good job with the picture.
Tuna - 2, 4 oz tuna steaks(3/4 inch to 1 inch thick)
Lime Juice - 1 tbsp
Jalapeño/Thai Green Chilli - 1, chopped into half inch pieces
Pepper Powder - 1/8 tsp
Cilantro/Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Garlic - 1 clove, finely chopped
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - As per Taste
Method of Preparation:
1. In a plastic or glass bowl, add all the ingredients except the fish and mix well.
2. Now add the fish pieces and mix well, so that both the sides of the fish get a good coat of the marinade.
3. Cover the bowl with a lid and refrigerate it for an hour or two(not more than 2 hours)
4. Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake the tuna steaks on a greased foil lined baking tray for 10-12 minutes(or until you can easily flak the fish using a fork).
5. Serve the baked tuna steaks warm or hot.
Sending this recipe to 'Hearth 'n Soul' being hosted by Girlichef