Its been a while since I made any pasta dish. Today my better half wants to eat pasta. So, I went through my pantry and found a lot of things which can be put to use to dish up a tasty pasta dinner. I have never combined pasta with dill chicken and when I found fresh dill leaves, instead of preparing a dill leaf curry, I thought of using some of the dill leaves to enhance the flavor of pasta. A simple chicken stir fry with a hint of dill and garlic is used to complement the pasta in tomato sauce.
Fettuccine Whole Wheat Pasta - 11/2 cup, cooked as per the instructions on the packet
Tomato Paste - 2 tbsp
White Wine/Chicken Stock/Vegetable Stock - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 small, finely sliced
Grated Carrot - 1/4 cup(optional)
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Dry Parsley, Basil, Chives - 1/4 tsp
Olive Oil - 1tbsp
For the Marination:
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
Chicken Breast - 1, cut into 1 inch pieces
Chopped Dill Leaves - 2 tbsp
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Ground pepper - 1/8 tsp
Chilli Flakes - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4tsp
1. Mix all the ingredients for the marination and marinate them for at least 4 hours.
2. In a small non stick pan add the marinated chicken and fry till the chicken is cooked through.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onions, fry for a minute and add the grated carrot.
4. Fry for another minute and add the tomato paste along with the stock or wine and mix well.
5. Add the cooked chicken and the dry spices(chives, basil, parsley) and let the sauce thicken a little bit.
6. Add the cooked pasta and stir for a minute or two.
7. Serve the spicy pasta with dill chicken hot.