Tomato cabbage curry was one of my favorites in the Infosys food court at Hyderabad :). This is a very quick and delicious curry.
Cabbage - 2 large cups, Finely chopped
Onions - 1 medium sized, roughly chopped
Tomato - 3, medium sized, roughly chopped
Green Chillies - 5, slit length wise(adjust according to spice levels)
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 11/2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Bengal Gram/Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 6
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large pan heat oil and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, bengal gram and curry leaves. Once the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped onions and chillies.
2. Once the onions turn transparent, add the tomatoes and cook covered till they become soft.
3. Add the chopped cabbage, mix well and cook covered for 4 minutes.
4. Stir once in a while till the cabbage is almost cooked. Add salt and garam masala.
5. Mix well, cook covered for 2 more minutes.
6. Serve the tomato cabbage curry with rice or roti