Basmati Rice - 1/2 cup
Milk - 3 cups
Sugar - 4 tsp(brown or regular sugar, adjust according to taste)
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
Raisins - few
Almonds - 6, roughly chopped
Any seasonal fruit - 2 tbsp, chopped
Method of Preparation:
1. Rinse the basmati rice and soak it in warm water for 45 minutes.
2. In a heavy bottomed vessel, heat the milk until it starts boiling.
3. Crush the soaked rice with fingers, so that the rice grains break into small pieces.
4. Add the broken rice to the boiling milk and let the rice cook on low heat.
5. Keep stirring in between. Once the rice gets cooked, add the sugar, raisins, chopped almonds and cardamom powder.
6. Mix well and let the rice pudding thicken a little bit, before taking off heat.
7. You can serve the rice pudding either cold or warm.
8. Top the rice pudding with your favorite fruit and enjoy.