Its raining outside and a perfect cup of chai or tea is what is comforting :). A hot, refreshing cup of tea is sure to generate warmth in your body and senses. Here is a simple way of preparing a perfect cup of chai.
Water - 1/4 cup
Milk - 3/4 cup(I used 2% milk, you can increase the water amount in case of full fat milk)
Sugar - 11/2 tsp
Tea bags - 2(You can also use loose tea powder, use 2 tsp of the powder instead of the tea bags)
Cardamom - 1, slightly crushed(can also use the regular chai masala or any other flavoring ingredient)
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat the water on medium heat in a small vessel and add the tea bags and crushed cardamom.
2. Let the water start boiling. Once the water starts boiling, add the milk and wait till the tea starts boiling.
3. Once the tea starts boiling, lower the heat and let the tea simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add the sugar and mix well. Take the tea off heat and strain it.
5. Serve the chai, while it is still hot.