Sprouts are very rich in vitamins, proteins, amino acids, digestible energy and phytochemicals. Today's recipe, sprouted chana palak curry, makes use of sprouted chickpeas/garbanzo beans, popularly known as chana in India. Instead of using the kabuli chana, I made use of the Indian variety of kala chana.
Sprouted Chickpeas/Chana - 2 cups
Spinach/Palak - 100 gms(approximately 4 oz), roughly chopped
Onion - 1 Large, roughly chopped
Tomatoes - 2 medium sized, roughly chopped
Garlic - 1 large clove, finely minced
Yogurt/Curd - 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - As per taste
Grind to Powder:
Cloves - 10
Cinnamon - 2 inch piece
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. Once the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped onions. Fry till the onions become transparent.
2. In a pan add very little oil and add the chopped spinach. Fry for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
2. Add the ground spice powder, chilli powder and mix well. Now add the chopped tomatoes, chopped garlic and fried spinach. Mix well.
3. Add yogurt, mix well.
4. Add salt and 2 cups of water. Mix well.
5. Pressure cook till done.
6. Mix well and serve the sprouted chana palak curry with rice or roti.
Sending this recipe to Divya's 'Show Me Your Curry'