Overripe Banana - 1
Orange Juice - 3/4 cup (I used fresh orange juice)
Self Rising Flour - 1/2 cup (The one I used, had salt and baking powder already)
Whole Wheat Flor - 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup, firmly packed
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon Powder - 1 tsp
Dry Shredded Coconut - 1 tbsp
Chopped Walnuts - 2 tbsp
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a cake pan with oil. Mash the banana with a fork and it to a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar to it and mix well.
2. Add the dry ingredients, self rising flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder to a sieve and sieve them twice.
3. Add them to the mashed banana mixture and mix well, ensuring no lumps are formed.
4. Now add the orange juice and mix well. Then fold in the shredded coconut, chopped walnuts and raisins.
5. Finally add the oil and mix well so that it gets incorporated into the batter.
6. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cake comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool down before slicing. Dust the cake with confectioner's sugar/powdered sugar.
Sending this to Champa's 'Bake-off'