Making guacamole is probably the easiest and quickest. All you need is ripe avocados and within minutes you can dish up a yummy guacamole. Today I tried adding roasted garlic to the guacamole and the outcome was so yummy that my better half finished the whole bowl of guacamole with chips.
Ripe Avocados - 2
Garlic - 2 cloves, unpeeled
Tomato - 1 small, finely chopped
Onion - 1/2 small sized, finely chopped
Cilantro - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Paprika/Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Lime Juice - 1 tsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat a small pan, add the garlic cloves with the peel on. Roast them until the garlic turns soft and black spots are developed on the them. Roast them for around 10 to 15 minutes, turning around in between.
2. Let the garlic cool down, remove the peel. Add the roasted garlic to a mortar and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Cut around the avocados, then twist the avocado halves and pull them apart. Remove the seed and scoop out the avocado flesh into a bowl.
4. Add the roasted garlic paste, chopped cilantro, lime juice, paprika and mix well, coarsely mashing the avocado flesh. Add salt and chopped tomatoes, mix.
5. Wash the chopped onions in water, drain the water and add them to the avocado mixture.
6. Mix well, adjust the salt and enjoy the roasted garlic guacamole with chips.