Hubby dear was down with flu last week. I made this instant rava idli for him last week and it turned out very well.
Sooji - 1 cup
Curd/Yogurt - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Green Chillies - 2 finely chopped
Carrot - 1, finely chopped
Green peas - 3 tbsp
Cilantro/Fresh Coriander - 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Broken Cashews - 2 tbsp
Ginger powder/Grated Ginger - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Chana Dal - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - As per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Add sooji to a small pan and fry on medium heat till a pleasant smell is emanated.
2. Transfer the sooji to a mixing bowl. Meanwhile heat oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds. After they splutter, add urad dal, chana dal, broken cashews and fry till they change color. Add the chopped carrots, green peas, chopped chillies and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat.
3. If using ginger powder, add it in the end, just before removing from heat. If using fresh ginger, add it just before adding the vegetables and fry till raw smell disappears.
4. Add this mixture to the mixing bowl and mix well. Add salt, baking soda, yogurt, water and whisk well.
5. Grease the idli molds with a little oil and add the batter in each mold. Steam the idlis for 7-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Serve the instant rava idli with a chutney and sambar of your choice.