This is a very simple dish with chicken breasts which are coated with spices and herbs and are cooked on a heavy frying pan.
Boneless Chicken Breasts - 3
Butter or Margarine - 3 tbsp
Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
Finely grated Onion - 2 tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper - 3/4 tsp
Ground Cumin - 1/4 tsp
Dried Thyme Leaves - 1/8 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Slice each chicken breast into half length wise or horizontally, using a sharp knife.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan together with the garlic paste.
3. Combine all the rest of ingredients in a shallow bowl and stir well. Brush the chicken pieces on both sides with melted butter, then sprinkle evenly with the seasoned mixture.
4. Heat a heavy large frying pan over high heat until a drop of water sprinkled on the surface sizzles. This will take 5-8 minutes.
5. Drizzle a teaspoon of melted butter on each chicken piece and place them in the pan , 2 or 3 at a time.
6. Cook until the underside begins to blacken, around 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the other side blackens too.
7. Serve the hot blackened chicken breasts with roasted Asparagus on the side.